A limited edition release of a rare composite expression from Powerscourt Distillery. The “Five Elements” of this 18 year old single malt include:
1) A Single Malt, A Single Distillery, A Single Distiller.
2) Two types of oak maturation; American White Oak and European Oak.
3) Three different finishing casks; Red Wine, Ruby Port and Rum.
4) Four styles; Bourbon, Red Wine, Ruby Port and Rum.
5) The globally recognised touch and blending expertise of Master Distiller Noel Sweeney.
- Powerscourt Distillery
- Alcohol Strength
- Single Malt
- 18 Year
|Nose||Initial top notes of boiled sweets, vanilla and honey intertwined with a twist of lemon, and sweet orchard ripe fruits, plums, raisins, cinnamon, complimented by tropical fruits, pineapples, mango, banana, layered over a duo of oak wood notes, showcasing an intriguing balance between spirit and wood.|
|Palate||Initial burst of tangy fruit cocktail sweetness, with layer upon layer of smooth silky sweet malt, chocolate and Christmas cake, creating succulent texture and balance as the tropical fruit, rum, red grape skins build delivering waves of complexity and taste.|
|Finish||Long lasting sweetness from ripe fruits and velvety texture almost mouth-wetting to finish.|